Our leadership comes from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and Cancer Care Ontario. We also receive support from several advisory bodies.
The College of Physicians Surgeons of Ontario
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario regulates the medical profession and defines standards of practice in the public interest. It assesses practice environments and uses a peer-led assessment model focused on quality improvement and provider education. This peer-led model ensures they can work closely with their membership, using clinical expertise to inform their work.
Cancer Care Ontario
A division of CCO, Cancer Care Ontario is the Ontario government’s principal advisor on the cancer system. They collaborate with healthcare partners to improve health system performance by driving quality, accountability, innovation and value. To help their partners improve the delivery of care, they use tools and resources such as:
- performance reporting
- program implementation
- evidence-based data
- funding levers
Quality Management Partnership Steering Committee
The Quality Management Partnership Steering Committee sets the strategic direction for the quality management programs. It oversees and approves our work, including milestones and deliverables. It also helps to translate the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care mandate into goals and objectives we can put into action.
- Co-chair: Dr. Linda Rabeneck, Vice President, Prevention and Cancer Control, Cancer Care Ontario
- Co-chair: Dr. Sheila Laredo, Chief Medical Advisor, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Colonoscopy Provincial Lead: Dr. David Morgan
- Mammography Provincial Lead: Dr. Rola Shaheen
- Pathology Provincial Lead: Dr. Kathy Chorneyko
- Cancer Care Ontario executive leadership
- College of Physician and Surgeons of Ontario executive leadership